Saturday, January 14, 2012

"Stay Awake" by Dan Chaon ****

> Short stories
> An Early Reviewer edition from LibraryThing
> Publication planned for 2012

> Epigraph: "I had a dream I was awake and I woke up to find myself asleep." --Stan Laurel

> LibraryThing Review: If you an upbeat ending or some form of resolution to the short stories you read, then this collection, "Stay Awake" by Dan Chaon, is definitely not for you. It is an interesting phenomenon to read a collection of short stories which can only be described as dark and despairing, and be able to say that the writing absolutely compelled me to keep going despite the sadness which was they evoked. Each story was heartrending and disturbing in some way, yet they were beautifully written. Take your chances if you are up for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment