Friday, March 23, 2012

"The Marriage Plot" by Jeffrey Eugenides ***

> Audiobook
> Originally published

> Interesting......would anyone fall in love if they hadn't read about it?

> Review:   Audiobook...........Frankly I was disappointed in this novel.  The plot is a moderately creative coming-of-age tale.  It is okay, but I guess "Middlesex" was a tough act to follow, even for Eugenides.  The one idea that I found to be really interesting was to consider the question, would people fall in love if they hadn't already read about it?  How would life be different?  The three protagonists, Madelaine, Leonard, and Mitchell were interesting, yet not riveting.  So, in summary, perhaps I would have enjoyed this more if my expectations had not been so high when I started it.

No comments:

Post a Comment