Thursday, April 12, 2012

"On The Road" by Jack Kerouac ****

  • Audiobook.....narrated by Will Patton
  • US author
  • Originally published 1957 
  • "I was halfway across America at the dividing line between the east of my youth and the west of my future."
  • Review:   The highlight of this book was narration by Will Patton.  He does an excellent job with this book and has on others that I have read.  What can I say that hasn't already been said about this novel?  It is almost anti-climactic to read it after living with its icon status for so long.  I enjoyed it, was not wowed by it, yet realize that at the time it was written it was groundbreaking. The writing was excellent, and I think I give it four stars because I know that because of groundbreaking, stream-of-consciousness first person narratives such as this, others have thrived.  It was a bucket list read, and worthwhile to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment